The LTG (Ret) Robert P. and Barbara S. Ashley, Jr. Student Veteran and Families Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to military affiliated students attending Appalachian State University. This scholarship program awards three $1000 scholarships per year based on the eligibility criteria below.
- Applicants must meet one of these classifications (and provide corroborating documentation):
- veteran must be honorably discharged from any U.S. Armed Service
- active duty member of the U.S. Armed Services, including the National Guard and Reserves
- child or spouse of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Must be an undergraduate student who possesses a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must demostrate a need for financial assistance
Applications for military-affiliated scholarships are housed within ASAP - the Appalachian Scholarship Application Portal.