Programs and Services
Student Veteran Services and the Major General Edward M. Reeder Student Veteran Resource center serve as a central hub for all things "military affiliated" at Appalachian State University. It is our goal to provide programming, services, and resources to assist military affiliated students for their entire higher education journey (to, through, and beyond).
- Personalized Career Counseling
- Military Mountaineer Transition Program
- Boots 2 Books Learning Community
- Campus Parntership Programming
To learn more about these programs, visit our Programs page.
- Application Fee and Deposit Waiver
- Transfer Credit
- Veteran and Military Orientation
- Priority Academic Registration
- Honor Cords
- Priority Parking Registration
- Monthly Newsletter
For a detailed explaination of these items, visit our Services page.
Appalachian State University is proud to offer a wide selection of resources for our military-affiliated students. Some resources are tailored to our military-affiliated populations, while others are available to the entire campus community. We encourage students to explore, investigate, and USE these resources!
- Military Affairs Committee: The mission of the Military Affairs Committee is to support the success of military-affiliated students, staff, and faculty by advocating for veterans, their dependents, and other military-affiliated community members and by advising the University Administration on policies, practices, and environments commensurate with their unique needs, capabilities, and contributions. (https://mac.appstate.edu/)
- Program Director of Student Veteran Services: The role of the Program Director of Student Veteran Services is to collaborate with other areas across campus to ensure that the entire campus is using best practices to serve military affiliated students. She also serves as the central point of contact for all military-affiliated students’ suggestions, questions, and concerns.
- One Vet at a Time (OVAAT)
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) - Post 7031
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) - High Country Chapter
- Watauga County Veterans Service Office
- Asheville Veterans Affairs Medical Center